Vision, Mission and Core Values
The AWA Vision
To preserve and share the history of technology used to communicate and entertain from the first telegram to today’s wireless text messaging.
The AWA Mission
In order to achieve our Vision, we will:
- Continue to collect, research, restore, and preserve objects of historical significance to the technology of communications and entertainment
- Publish the facts on the history of the technology of communications and entertainment
- Document/index/organize the collection to facilitate research access to our information
- Create a museum and staff that engages our visitors to want to learn more about communications specifically and technology generally
- Develop educational programs and opportunities for all ages
The AWA Core Mission and Principles
To accomplish our Vision, the Board, staff, and volunteers of AWA will be accountable for and conscious of the following:
- We will favor decisions that create long term preservation of communication history over short term expediency for the AWA. If it is not good for the preservation of communications history, it is not good for the AWA.
- All parties to any decision will be treated with respect, dignity, compassion, grace integrity, honesty, and fun.
- The AWA will model the behaviors – walk-the talk – we want to see in others in the decisions we make and the actions be take.
- Our actions and decisions will begin with the positive desired end results in mind of our Vision recognizing the cause-and-effect conditions that will create those results.
- We will encourage others to join us cooperatively in achieving our Vision by sharing our knowledge and experience and encouraging individuals and groups to identify ways to join in that vision.